Next Meeting for Farmingdale Council
July 20, 2021 – 7:00PM – This meeting is in person at the Community Center, 11 Asbury Avenue in Farmingdale.
Monmouth County Commissioners Agree
June 10, 2021 – A member of the Farmingdale Forever Citizens Action Group attended the Monmouth County Board of Commissioners meeting to present our concerns in person. The Commissioners were receptive to the facts there are traffic safety issues in Farmingdale. Along with County Engineers Joseph Ettore, the Commissioners agreed to hold a meeting to discuss our concerns. This meeting is scheduled for July 16, 2021. Thank you to all the Commissioners and to Sheriff Shaun Golden for placing Sheriff patrols in Farmingdale.
The Farmingdale Forever Citizens Action Group is acknowledged by the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders
December 17, 2020 – Thank you to the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders and in particular Director Arnone for listening and acknowledging our concerns today. We sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness and look forward to working with the county engineer and Director Arnone to address the safety concerns in Farmingdale. – Video below
The Farmingdale Forever Citizens Action Group Reads Open Letter to Mayor and Council Tonight
December 1, 2020 – The Farmingdale Forever Citizens Action Group will be presenting an open letter to the Farmingdale Borough Mayor and Council tonight. The intention of the letter is to inform the Mayor and Council of our groups existence and the concerns we share regarding the speeding and distracted driving along with the flood of commercial truck traffic in our town. If possible, please plan on attending. The meeting is held in the Community Center located at 11 Asbury Avenue.
The Farmingdale Forever Citizens Action Group Launches the FarmingdaleForever.org Website
November 19, 2020 – Today, the Farmingdale Forever Citizens Action Group launched a new community-based website located at https://www.farmingdaleforever.org. With this website, a core group of citizens is forming the Citizens Action Group to unify their voices and speak directly to their concerns initially regarding to the safety of all Farmingdale citizens. Additionally, the website will help encourage support for addressing safety concerns and protecting our quality of life in Farmingdale with the same stakeholders. Please make sure to follow the Farmingdale Forever Citizens Action Group on Facebook and Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Citizens Action Group - Initial Agenda
- Invite all Farmingdale citizens to join the Citizen Action Group
- Invite all members to follow the Citizens Action Group on Facebook and Twitter
- Identify citizens willing to become a block organizer
- Block organizers help raise awareness with immediate neighbors and ask them to join the Citizens Action Group
- Block organizers will help to coordinate and gather information to share and participate in events
- Attend Farmingdale council and school board meetings
- Plan to schedule a meeting with the Farmingdale Board of Education and officials from the Farmingdale Elementary School
- Plan to schedule a meeting to partner with the New Jersey State Police Community Troopers
- Plan to schedule a meeting with the New Jersey Department of Transportation Regional Manager of Community and Constituent Relations for Farmingdale Borough making them aware of our Citizens Action Group and causes
- We are planning to reach out to schedule a meeting with the Farmingdale Chamber of Commerce
- Prepare a monthly newsletter to keep all citizens updated